Saturday, April 7, 2018
Car Side Presentation
Stutz introduced a new four-cylinder T-head engine in 1921 to try to increase slumping sales. Innovative features for the T-head engine included a removable engine head and dual ignition systems. The result was an engine that produced 88 horsepower, more than competitors Packard and Cadillac.
The as-new cost for the 1923 Stutz was $2,950. It is only a handful of the Speedway Four roadsters known to exist. It was donated to the museum by Rick L. and Vicki L. James of Fort Wayne, Indiana.